Crohn’s disease is a complex medical condition that results in inflammation of your digestive tract, often producing severe, painful symptoms. Luckily, the gastroenterologists at Digestive Medicine Associates offer a wide range of services for gastrointestinal problems, including Crohn’s disease. They have several convenient office locations in Miami, Coral Gables, Kendall, and Pembroke Pines, Florida to help you feel better!
More about Crohn's
Crohn’s Disease may be caused by an overactive immune system or hereditary factors, but no one knows the exact cause. You may have Crohn’s disease if you experience:
- Blood in your stool
- Chronic fatigue or fever
- Weight loss or reduced appetite
- Diarrhea or abdominal cramping
The effects of Crohn’s disease are far-reaching, so you may notice additional symptoms in other areas of your body, including:
- Eye irritation
- Mouth sores
- Inflammation of your skin
- Pain and inflammation in your joints
Crohn’s disease can be very serious and debilitating, and it should be treated directly by your gastroenterologist. At Digestive Medicine Associates, the doctors offer several effective ways to treat Crohn’s disease. They may suggest:
- Testing to check for anemia and other nutritional deficiencies
- Vitamins, supplements, and other nutritional options
- Corticosteroid medications to reduce inflammation in your digestive system
- Medications to suppress your immune system, reducing inflammation
- Antibiotic medications to eliminate bacteria causing infection
In severe cases of Crohn’s disease, surgery may be indicated. Your doctor can discuss surgical options with you and help you make the right decision about treatment.
If you think you may have Crohn’s Disease, you need the help of an expert. For more information about Crohn’s Disease and other digestive issues, call the gastroenterologists at Digestive Medicine Associates, with offices in the Miami area (including Hialeah, Coral Gables, Kendall, and Pembroke Pines, Florida). Dial (305) 822-4107 today to protect your health!